Now that I'm *cough, cough* an expert LilyPond user, I want to explore
something really difficult.

My wife, a voice teacher, suffers from macular degeneration. Before her
vision degrades so much that she can no longer read printed scores, I'd
like to cobble together a system that

   - scans piano-vocal sheet music
   - creates a LilyPond file
   - controls a digital piano with LilyPond's midi output
   - displays the score in sync on a tablet at arbitrary magnification
   - controls tempi and dynamics by gestures and taps (and/or voice
   commands)
   - (bonus round) 'listens' to the singer and adjusts tempi and dynamics
   to match

Judging by the success of Frescobaldi, most of this would seem to be
feasible. And I have five years or so to figure all this out ...

Has anyone on this list ever used Audiveris or OpenOMR?

How about creating non-paged graphical output from LilyPond?

Thanks for reading!

Fred