On Dec 10, 2013, at 6:02 PM, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> "Phil Holmes" <m...@philholmes.net> writes:

I don’t think asking users a question is blasting ahead with a solution.  It is
a question that will help me better understand how users use unstable versions
LilyPond, which in turn will help me understand the problem.

Making formal expositions of basic problems is one way to identify a problem,
but it is not the only way.  In a lot of my work, I find that entertaining
solutions without a clear understanding of a problem is the best way to
understand what a problem is.

With respect to the subject of the e-mail, I’m looking forward to more

Cheers,
MS