Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmil...@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Having just engraved nearly 25 minutes of music resulting in 57
> different individual parts, I can tell you that this issue inspired
> quite a bit of reduced efficiency, increased hackery, and even some
> loud swearing.  =)
>
> Thoughts?

I have quite a few orchestra parts where multimeasure rest streaks of
several lengths are _not_ conflated.  Basically, each such rest stands
for a recognizable unit.

What you need here in my opinion is something else: a command that just
passes time (using s or R or something else) until a specified event
occurs initiated from another voice, and then resumes.

--
David Kastrup