Hi Jay,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Jay Vara <j...@diljun.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Actually, your logic and reasoning were quite correct. Only, the format
> statement was before the measureLength was set. I moved the format
> statement after the context-set-property and it now shows that the engraver
> does successfully reset the meter.
>
> I think the real problem is with the Completion_heads_engraver (probably a
> bug). To illustrate this, I added another line of simultaneous music - the
> only difference is the 4th note f - quarter note in one case and half note
> in the other.
>
> Here is the what it prints out:
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> In the top staff, the second measure should have one quarter note and it
> has a half note (which should have been split and tied). In the third
> measure it should have had two quarter notes - it has instead only one
> quarter note.
>
> In the bottom staff, the second and third measure have the correct number
> of quarter notes. However, the a2 note in the third measure is split into
> two a4 notes and tied!
>
> It is looking more like a Completion_heads_engraver bug.

I couldn't say.

The Completion_heads_engraver seems pretty hardy, however.  I mean it can
deal with this example:

 \version "2.18.0"

music = {
  \relative c' {c1 c c c c c c c8}
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice { \music }
    \new Voice {
      \repeat unfold 6 {
        \time 5/16 s16*5
        \time 3/8 s4.
        \time 1/2 s2

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Voice
      \remove Note_heads_engraver
      \remove Rest_engraver
      \consists Completion_heads_engraver
      \consists Completion_rest_engraver

Possibly the problem is that the custom engraver is setting measureLength
too late for Completion_heads_engraver to use it?

--David