On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Shlomo Yona wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> Good point - I couldn't find anything.
>
> I think of introducing them to emacs, gcc and gdb - any suggestions on how to
> introduce such applications to people which are not all computer literate?

Don't forget make.

But then again, this is a lot to learn for a simple basic C course. Are
you sure they will study it?

I have a feeling most of them will actually do the "coding" in more
comfortable environments.

Look in this lists's archives for a small sample of something o put in
your sample code that will make it work bad with microsoft's environment
(or at least NT4. I'm not sure about XP). This sounds a bit too evil to
me, though.

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]