Hi,

A hardware pack creation script is now available, so we can generate
them, and the install script is close to being finished too. I have a
lexbuidler backend that we can use later, but these things have so few
requirements to build that I can do it with a cron job or something for
now.

Therefore I need to know what harware packs we want to build, and which
packages we want them to contain, and I will start creating them daily.

For each hardware pack I need:

  * a name (like a package name)
  * which (debian) architectures to build it for
  * Optionally:
    - Origin (short string, e.g. Linaro)
    - Maintainer (like in a debian/control file)
    - Support information ("unsupported" or "supported")
  * A list of archives to take packages from
  * A list of packages to include.

Thanks,

James

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:36:51 -0400, James Westby <james.wes...@canonical.com>
wrote:
> As for the spec itself, it's rather light on the endgame right now. What
> does success look like for this project? What further steps do we need
> to take once we have scripts to create and install hardware packs, and
> the ability to generate them in lexbuilder?

Still looking for answers to these questions though.