On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Jamie Bennett <jamie.benn...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2010, at 14:54, Dave Martin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Jamie Bennett <jamie.benn...@linaro.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Tagging bugs is not only good practice but makes tracking and sorting so
>>> much easier. With
>>
>> Maybe we could also pull out some metrics, such as numbers of bug with
>> each tag, and age/severity distribution etc.?  Would that be easy to
>> set up?
>
> As a exercise in learning launchpadlib I put together a python script to
> gather information on
> interesting bug tags and put them on the wiki. My local cron job gathers this
> information in such a way
> to allow historic tracking, so we will be able to see the metrics for each
> tag. When I have enough data
> I will amend the script to include that.
>
> The script is at:
>
> http://code.edge.launchpad.net/~jamiebennett/+junk/bug-track
>
> (beware, its very early days and it isn't the greatest code, tags need to be
> passed in rather than
> hard-coded e.t.c)
>
> and the output can be seen at:
>
> http://wiki.linaro.org/Bugs/Tagged

I've had a go at Toolchain WG specific tags here:
 https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHope/Sandbox/Tags

The idea is to be able to separate bugs, testsuite regressions, and
tasks from one another while also separating speed from size tasks.
If they look good, I'll merge them into the main tags page.

I had a quick play with one of my helpers.  This link lists all
gcc-linaro bugs grouped by tag:
  http://ex.seabright.co.nz/helpers/tickets/gcc-linaro?group_by=tags

which gives this interesting section:

http://ex.seabright.co.nz/helpers/tickets/gcc-linaro?group_by=tags#bugs%20%28not%20task%20or%20testsuite%29

which highlights the 16 bugs that are actual bugs from the ~60 logged 'bugs'.

-- Michael