On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 15:45 +0300, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> IMHO, as we continuously add support for more platforms and even more
> boards,
> it will become untenable to maintain these wiki pages. Something
> similar to
> 'testdrive' for Ubuntu is required for the next cycle.
>
> Why can't l-m-c ask some basic questions and just DTRT? Questions
> would be:
>  - What SoC?
>  - What board?
>  - What release (milestone)?
>  - Image type (headless, alip, qemu, etc.)
>
> Each of these would be a multiple choice question. This should get rid
> of the
> several levels of indirection required just to download all the right
> components before trying to prepare an image.

This would make l-m-c an unmaintainable beast IMHO.  It is all about
creating the boot media, not acquiring the components needed for this.

However it might not be a bad thing to have a separate script that asks
those questions and just downloads the components, particularly if that
script could be data driven and easy to maintain.

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough <scott.bambro...@linaro.org>
Linaro Infrastructure Team Lead