Hi.

I have a Cortex A9 vexpress board and I've been trying some of the headless
daily builds as described here :
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/QA/TestCases/HeadlessVexpress.

The instructions are based around the MMC card with uboot, kernel and rootfs
all loaded via this interface.

I've had mixed results. When the box completes the boot the basic systems seem
to work ok (I can get an IP and poke the filesystem). It still takes several
minutes to get to a prompt as mentioned on the wiki page.

It happens quite often that the box does not get to a prompt at all. It fails
to read the MMC properly. Below is two separate cases where reading the
partition table fails. In the first case it finds one partition and in the
second case it fails to find any partitions. The boot monitor has no problem
reading uboot, kernel or initrd from the MMC when writing to internal FLASH.

I've also tried a different SD card with similar results. Sometimes it works
fine and other times it reports I/O errors. I've tried the daily builds for 6,
8 and 10 October. Is this a known issue?

-----

mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.
mmc0: new SD card at address 8fe4
mmcblk0: mmc0:8fe4 SD02G 1.84 GiB
 mmcblk0:
Freeing init memory: 160K
 p1ding, please wait...
    p2
udev[497]: starting version 163
port 1 high speed
Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done.
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using isp1760 and address 2
port 1 high speed
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0471, idProduct=3526
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1: Product: ISP1520
usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Philips Semiconductors
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
mmcblk0: error -5 transferring data, sector 0, nr 8, card status 0xb00
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 3 ports detected
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0

-----

mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.
mmc0: new SD card at address 8fe4
mmcblk0: mmc0:8fe4 SD02G 1.84 GiB
 mmcblk0:
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
NET: Registered protocol family 17
port 1 high speed
VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant 9 rev 0
Registering SWP/SWPB emulation handler
rtc-pl031 mb:rtc: setting system clock to 2010-10-11 10:49:28 UTC (1286794168)
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using isp1760 and address 2
Freeing init memory: 160K
port 1 high speed
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0471, idProduct=3526
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
udev[493]: starting version 163
Begin: Loading eusb 1-1: Product: ISP1520
mmcblk0: error -5 transferring data, sector 2, nr 6, card status 0x900
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 2
ssential driversusb 1-1: Manufacturer: Philips Semiconductors
 ... done.
Begin: Runnimmcblk0: error -5 transferring data, sector 3, nr 5, card status
0x900
ng /scripts/initend_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 3
-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ... hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 3 ports detected
Begin: Running /scripts/local-tommcblk0: error -5 transferring data, sector 5,
nr 3, card status 0xb00
p ... done.
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 5
 unable to read partition table

-----

Thanks,
Harry

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.