Dave,

Not sure if you noticed in the IRC logs so here is what happened for
the packaged release.

Pulled latest linux-linaro-2.6.38 that has your patches.

Fixed arch/arm/mach-omap2/Makefile to allow smc instructions in
arch/arm/mach-omap2/sleep34xx.S

Disabled CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT.

The resulting kernel builds and boots but some modules have problems:

$ modprobe fat
fat: unknown relocation: 102
FATAL: Error inserting vfat

So if we had deployed this kernel we would have images that are not
upgradeable since we need access to the fat partition to install new
uImage and uInitrd.

On the positive side we did get some testing and know there is at
least one module relocation problem.

John