Dave,

If you check out the omap-only branch of
git://git.linaro.org/ubuntu/linux-linaro-natty.git.

Then
fakeroot ./debian/rules clean
fakeroot ./debian/rules editconfigs
Turn on Thumb2

If you look in the output you will see the file in /tmp that was used
to assemble the config.

If you want to build the packaged kernel then go follow along...

## Make a couple of changes in order to cross compile:
## turn off tools (actually do_tools is already off for omap)
sed -i -e 's/do_tools.*=.*/do_tools = false/' debian.linaro/rules.d/armel.mk
## turn off dh_strip
sed -i -e 's/dh_strip.*pkghdr.*/echo skipping dh_strip for cross
build/' debian/rules.d/2-binary-arch.mk
Then debuild:
debuild -eCROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- -nc -ns -aarmel -b

If you have any questions please ask.

John