On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 01:12 -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> Time to leave 2.6.38 behind and move on!  We now have a 2.6.39 based
> Linaro kernel which can be viewed here:
>
>   http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=kernel/linux-linaro-2.6.39.git;a=summary
>
> or cloned from either of those:
>
>   git://git.linaro.org/kernel/linux-linaro-2.6.39.git
>
>   http://git.linaro.org/git/kernel/linux-linaro-2.6.39.git

When building for OMAP there's a build error in smc91x.c which is fixed
by http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/197474

There are also build errors to do with DSS (mentioned elsewhere in this
thread). A kernel can be successfully built after disabling the
following config option:

Device Drivers --> Graphics support --> OMAP2+ Display Subsystem support
--> DPI support

When booted on a Beagleboard-xM, the resulting kernel appears to hang
after "Starting kernel...". I haven't investigated any further.

The .config I'm using is that described on the wiki at
https://wiki.linaro.org/Resources/HowTo/KernelDeploy#From_Linaro_sources

--
Tixy