On 06/07/2011 09:35 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Disabling Thumb2 fixes the problem.

What did you actually disable?  Presumably not CONFIG_THUMB2_KERNEL so
the thumb support at all?

I deselected CONFIG_THUMB2_KERNEL using menuconfig, which changed
the .config file like...

-CONFIG_THUMB2_KERNEL=y

Yeah but where did this config come from? Regenerating omap2plus_defconfig as I showed doesn't allow CONFIG_THUMB2_KERNEL to be configured because CONFIG_CPU_V6 is set (along with V7) since omap2plus_defconfig has a bunch of different cores supported.

You mentioned -->

"The .config I'm using is that described on the wiki at
https://wiki.linaro.org/Resources/HowTo/KernelDeploy#From_Linaro_sources";

it also recommends

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- omap2plus_defconfig

I just confirmed that's the case with current linux-linaro-2.6.39. Am I going nuts :?)

-Andy