[originally sent from wrong email, so not sure if got thru]

Hello,

Linaro Android codebase migration to Gerrit, which was announced at
Linaro Connect, happened today. From now, Linaro Android is available
via:

http://android.git.linaro.org/

Accompanied by Gerrit frontend at:

http://review.android.git.linaro.org/

It is recommended to perform a fresh checkout of the tree. To do that,
run:

repo init -u git://android.git.linaro.org/platform/manifest.git \
  -b <branch> \
  -m <manifest>

<branch> and <manifest> are those you used before. E.g.

repo init -u git://android.git.linaro.org/platform/manifest.git \
  -b linaro_android_2.3.4 \
  -m default.xml

The official Linaro builds at https://android-build.linaro.org/ were
converted to use new manifest location, and I'd like to ask other
developers to convert their personal builds (I'm not trying to
automate this so far, to make that everyone was in loop on what
changed and how). To update, just change in a build config:

MANIFEST_REPO=git://git.linaro.org/android/platform/manifest.git

MANIFEST_REPO=git://android.git.linaro.org/platform/manifest.git

Old tree (git.linaro.org/android/*) was made inaccessible for the time
being to help with updating all references to it. It should be back up
shortly in read-only mode. (If there're immediate concerns, it's at
git.linaro.org/android-old/ now and can be renamed back by anyone with
git.linaro.org access).

With the spirit of making one change at time, all developers still
should have permissions similar to what they had before: anyone can
still create branches and push changes directly to them (*1). However,
once we finish updating build configs and docs for new tree location,
the next step will be setting up a workflow based on mandatory code
review, so I'd like to invite all developers to practice that right
away. Details on how to submit change for review are given at
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Gerrit (in particular, repo
upload works now).

(*1) The remote for such commits is different now of course, like this:
ssh://pfal...@android.git.linaro.org:29418/platform/build . Replace
"pfalcon" with you gerrit username and platform/build is the component
you need.

Please share any issues, concerns, and questions you may have related
to this migration.

--
Best Regards,
Paul