On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:34:11 +0300
Fathi Boudra <fathi.bou...@linaro.org> wrote:

> On 6 September 2011 17:28, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Fathi Boudra
> > <fathi.bou...@linaro.org> wrote:

> >> the patched version is available on:
> >>
> >> http://releases.linaro.org/platform/linaro-n/android/11.08/repo/repo-linaro-1.7.5-2011.08.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> http://launchpad.net/linaro-android/11.11/11.08/+download/repo-linaro-1.7.5-2011.08.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> and linked from:
> >> http://www.linaro.org/downloads/
> >> http://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1108/Release#Android_Components
> >>

> > hmm. the AOSP repo can be wgetted without unpacking ...you
> > basically just download the lightweight wrapper script instead of a
> > tarball. IMO we should offer the same on top of the whole tarball
> > as a component.
>
> I don't see any difference between wget && chmod +x vs wget && bunzip2
> I don't have a strong opinion on how AOSP does vs how Linaro
> components does.

As pointed out by folks, it's rather expectable to fetch bootstrap
script and be running it directly. As to where to place it, we don't
have direct access to android.git.linaro.org, so either that needs to go
thru IS (James, could you handle this?), or I'd suggest putting it at
somewhere like

http://releases.linaro.org/platform/android/repo

(yep, non-milestoned meta-util).

> > Also this is not a 1108 component. it's 11.09 if anything.
>
> Paul mentioned an 11.08 errata.

Yes, I meant that patched repo we release now is needed to properly
fetch previous release 11.08 (and likely, older too). So, for
11.08 release notes, errata should be issued. On asac's request, I'm
doing complete matrix testing of 11.08 fetchability, and will provide
detailed results a bit later.

--
Best Regards,
Paul