On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:29:34AM -0500, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> (I'm aware that there is a thread on linaro-dev discussing this
> exact topic; this is a request for specific information, so I
> decided to start a new thread)
>
> Hello,
>      As has been pointed out elsewhere, it is very difficult to find
> the exact git tree that corresponds to a kernel release.  Currently
> the problem I am having is that the 11.11 linaro kernel release
> (linux-linaro-lt-omap_3.1.0-1402.5~oneiric1) works well on my new
> board, but later kernels do not.  While I can download the kernel
> tarball for 3.1.0-1402.5 from launchpad, I would much prefer to use
> the git tree that it was produced from.  Can anybody tell me exactly
> which git tree was used to create that kernel, and which tag/branch
> I should be looking at?

That's a really good question. The answer is that it's this tag and
branch:

    linux-release-2011-12
    http://git.linaro.org/git/landing-teams/leb/ti/kernel.git

However, I think there should be a natural way for you to find that out
as well. How could we package this metadata so you'd find it easily?
--
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935