On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 04:19:22PM +0100, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> This is a recap of the discussion we did about source meta data for
> packages. While interesting it was fruitless, nothing has happened.
> I'd like to propose to put lava-friendly meta data in:
> /usr/share/lava/{srcpackagename}/source.json

On an installed system image? What happens if, like Chris, somebody's
just downloading the kernel release?

> I'm not saying this will help to solve OPs problem but at least it

Ah. :-)

> will feed LAVA with loads of meta-information about source that runs
> on the tested boards. If someone likes this format it could be adopted
> by other tools.

I think the general idea is good but probably doesn't apply as neatly to
Android as it does for Ubuntu and other package-based Linux; is that
right?
--
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935