On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Martin Ertsås <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to this, I got x running, problem is that I don't seem to have
> direct rendering. First it complained that glx could not be loaded. When
> adding the glx extensions from the xserver, I get some problems with
> AIGLX. It sais that /usr/lib/dri/omap_dri.so could not be found. Is this
> something I should have with these three packages, and I have not
> compiled everything I should, or is it a fourth package which I haven't
> installed?
>
> Searched through the xf86-video-omap, and doesn't seem to build anything
> but omap_drv.so, but it do contain a file omap_dri2.c. Should I let the
> glx warning appear, and just ignore it maybe? Do the driver provide dri2
> by itself?

This is fine, you can ignore the glx warning.  Only desktop GL (and
not GLES) supports GLX.  I suppose maybe I should submit a patch in
upstream xserver tree to make that warning sound less dire, because it
confuses a lot of people

Even with DRI2, you'll need the client side GL libs to do much, but
you can find those from the PPA that Nicolas pointed at.

BR,
-R