Hello, Nicolas,

On 7/9/2012 12:05 PM, Dechesne, Nicolas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM, David Cullen wrote:
>
>     On a desktop system that would be an easy way to do it.
>
>     Unfortunately, on the PandaBoard, it requires mounting the SD card
>     boot partition on another system, modifying the boot.cmd script, and
>     running mkimage to create a new boot.scr.
>
>     I think I will go with the method that is buried in this thread
>

> nope, that easy on a pandaboard too ;-)
>
> 1- boot your panda
> 2- edit /boot/boot.script and change the bootargs
> 3- run sudo flash-kernel
> 4- reboot
>
> the flash-kernel command will regenerate the boot.scr and place it
> in the BOOT partition.

I guess I didn't consider that option because I had to modify the
"flash-kernel" script in the Ubuntu supplied image because it looks
for "omap4" as the sub-architecture and the Linaro kernel ends with
"omap".

Also, 'echo "manual" > /etc/init/lightdm.override' is a one-liner
and will work for other services, so I needed to know how to do it
anyway.

Speaking of the "flash-kernel" script, where would I file a bug
about not being able to install a Linaro kernel without modifying
the script?  Do I use this same link:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+filebug

--
Thank you,