+++ Mian M. Hamayun [2013-05-16 14:25 +0200]:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am reposting the following message to linaro-dev as I am using the
> following linaro toolchain for ARM64 cross-compilation:
> https://wiki.linaro.org/HowTo/BuildArm64Kernel
>
> In fact, I am trying to compile qemu for Aarch64 but so far I haven't been
> able to configure qemu for this purpose.

I didn't think qemu had aarch64 support. Has that been done now?

Do you have a pointer to the sources so you are using so I can try it myself?

You mention this as something you tried second:
ssh://git.linaro.org/srv/git.linaro.org/git/people/jcrigby/qemu-aarch64.git

I'll have a go with that.

> My first objective is to just configure and cross-compile qemu for Aarch64,
> which is currently blocked by the qemu's dependency on
> cross-compiled "glib-2.12" or later.
> For example, when I use the following configure command:
>
> ./configure --cross-prefix=aarch64-linux-gnu- --target-list=arm-softmmu
> --enable-fdt --static
>
> I get the following error:
> ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU

> This is a well-known dependency and the following pages are linked
> to this issue (directly or indirectly) and I have tried all of them
> without any success:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-oe/+bug/1097561
> http://people.debian.org/~wookey/bootstrap.html
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/CrossCompiling
> https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/arm64bootstrap

Well, there is an arm64 glib2.0 in my repo, so that's a good start:
http://people.debian.org/~wookey/bootstrap/ubunturepo/pool/main/g/glib2.0/

Making qemu easily cross-compilable is on my list anyway so lets have
a look. Checking the debian package I find a build-deps list as long
as your arm:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 9),
# In comments below we also specify (system-specific) arguments
# to qemu's configure script, -- optional features which depend
# on build-dependencies.
# pc-bios/*.dts => *.dtb (PPC firmware)
 device-tree-compiler,
 texi2html,
 texinfo,
 python,
# --enable-linux-aio    linux-*
 libaio-dev [linux-any],
# --audio-drv-list=pa,alsa,sdl,oss      linux-*
# --audio-drv-list=pa,oss,sdl           kfreebsd-*
 libasound2-dev [linux-any],
# for virtfs
# --enable-attr
 libattr1-dev,
# --enable-bluez        linux-*
 libbluetooth-dev [linux-any],
# --enable-brlapi
 libbrlapi-dev,
# --enable-virtfs       linux-*
# needed for virtfs
 libcap-dev [linux-any],
# --enable-cap-ng       linux-*
 libcap-ng-dev [linux-any],
# --enable-curl
 libcurl4-gnutls-dev,
# --enable-fdt
 libfdt-dev,
# --enable-vnc-tls
# --enable-vnc-ws
 libgnutls-dev,
# --enable-curses
 libncurses5-dev,
# --with-system-pixman
 libpixman-1-dev,
# audio-drv-list += pa
 libpulse-dev,
# --enable-vnc-sasl
 libsasl2-dev,
# --enable-sdl
 libsdl1.2-dev (>> 1.2.1),
# --enable-seccomp      linux-amd64|linux-i386
 libseccomp-dev (>> 1.0.0) [linux-amd64 linux-i386],
# --enable-spice        linux-amd64|linux-i386
 libspice-server-dev (>= 0.12.2~) [linux-amd64 linux-i386],
# needed for sdl
 libx11-dev,
# --enable-xen  linux-amd64|linux-i386
 libxen-dev [linux-amd64 linux-i386],
# XXX need to check minimum linux-headers requiriment
 linux-libc-dev (>= 2.6.34) [linux-any],
# --enable-uuid
 uuid-dev,
# --enable-xfsctl       linux-*
 xfslibs-dev [linux-any],
# always needed
 zlib1g-dev,
# other optional features we enable
# --enable-vnc
# --enable-vnc-png
# --enable-kvm          linux-*
# --enable-vhost-net    linux-* # is it really linux-specific?
##--enable-glusterfs todo
# --enable-rbd
 librados-dev, librbd-dev,
Build-Conflicts: oss4-dev

But at least helpfully commented about options. Which parts of that do
you need? Will 'really basic' do?

> Anyways, I want to know how we can resolve this dependency ?

Ideally you'd be able to do apt-get install libglib2.0-dev:arm64 in a
raring chroot (pointing at the arm64 bootstrap/port repo), but I find
that there is currently version skew in libpcrecpp0 and libstdc++6

Now that raring has stopped moving it's worth updating these arm64
builds to match and give a stable build base, so I'll do that today
and see if things get a bit easier, and get back to you.

> Some of you might suggest to cross-compile the glib-2.12 from sources found
> at:

That shouldn't be necessary - that's been done already.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/