> On 05/17/2013 07:16 PM, Wookey wrote:
+++ Mian M. Hamayun [2013-05-20 20:13 +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, many thanks for your kind support. I have been able to
> setup a crossbuild chroot environment for aarch64. I can now
> configure and compile qemu using this environment.

Excellent.

> >(Stop at 'Use with sbuild' because you are not doing that, but
> >building upstream source directly in the chroot).

> If I stop here and exit the sbuild-shell environment right-away, the
> following package installations remain temporary.
> And I have to re-install them after each execution of "schroot -c
> raring-amd64-sbuild" command.

Yes.  If you want to make permanent changes to a (tarball or snapshot)
chroot then start it with:
sudo schroot -c source:<chrootname>
(sbuild-shell is equivalent to this)

If you want changes made in the chroot to be temporary then start it
with schroot -c <chrootname>

For your purposes it makes sense to put all the crosstools and (cross)build-deps
into the base chroot.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/