On 05/17/2013 12:19 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 17 May 2013 11:11, Wookey<woo...@wookware.org>  wrote:
+++ Mian M. Hamayun [2013-05-16 14:25 +0200]:
I am reposting the following message to linaro-dev as I am using the
following linaro toolchain for ARM64 cross-compilation:
https://wiki.linaro.org/HowTo/BuildArm64Kernel

In fact, I am trying to compile qemu for Aarch64 but so far I haven't been able
to configure qemu for this purpose.
I didn't think qemu had aarch64 support. Has that been done now?
People are trying to add it, which is why this thread started.
It's a bit hard to test patches if you can't even configure
qemu because its dependencies aren't present in the cross
environment.

Do you have a pointer to the sources so you are using so I can try it myself?

You mention this as something you tried second:
ssh://git.linaro.org/srv/git.linaro.org/git/people/jcrigby/qemu-aarch64.git

I'll have a go with that.
It is all still work-in-progress. There's also
a set of patches from Huawei which add aarch64
host (ie tcg target) support.

Making qemu easily cross-compilable is on my list anyway so lets have
a look. Checking the debian package I find a build-deps list as long
as your arm:
Most of these are optional if you're just building
QEMU from a git source tree, as you note.

But at least helpfully commented about options. Which parts of that do
you need? Will 'really basic' do?
The really critical stuff is zlib and glib.

Note that nobody here is asking about "how do I compile
the qemu debian package" -- just building from a source
tree is all that's needed.
Exactly. We are interested in compilation from qemu sources and get the external dependencies resolved. zlib cross-compilation for aarch64 is easy, but its the glib which is causing problems.

Ideally you'd be able to do apt-get install libglib2.0-dev:arm64 in a
raring chroot (pointing at the arm64 bootstrap/port repo), but I find
that there is currently version skew in libpcrecpp0 and libstdc++6

Now that raring has stopped moving it's worth updating these arm64
builds to match and give a stable build base, so I'll do that today
and see if things get a bit easier, and get back to you.
Thanks, that will help I think.
Yes, it will be enough, I hope.

-- PMM