On 08/05/2013 03:37 PM, Andy Green wrote:
On 5 August 2013 18:59, Mark Brown <broo...@kernel.org> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 06:42:33PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:
On 5 August 2013 18:16, Mark Brown <broo...@linaro.org> wrote:

There may be other stuff lurking in linux-linaro that I'm not aware of,
everything is supposed to be individually selected for backport.

Literally linux-linaro I'm not sure is useful for anything, the tree
LTs are basing on is linux-linaro-core-tracking.

It's composed by rebase and then merges, so it's easy to see what's in
there from a quick git log.

That doesn't help with understanding why any of it is there or what it's
for.

Andrey is here hopefully he can do a Tixy-style breakdown.

Current linux-linaro-core-tracking topics:
(see the manifest for remote URLs)

configs/config-core-tracking
        generic (board independent) config fragments

configs/config-boards-tracking
        config fragments for the boards

android_jstultz/linaro-android-3.11-experimental-merge
        AOSP tree rebased to a recent -rc, may also contain Linaro
        patches being upstreamed

lt_arm/tracking-armlt-gator
        gator driver (originally from DS-5) provided by ARM LT

lt_arm/tracking-armlt-multi_pmu_v2
        This is the big.LITTLE PMU support that was in the MP branch.
        (the MP branch has been dropped from llct)

lt_arm/tracking-armlt-iks
        is a rebase of Nicolas's iks branch:
                git://git.linaro.org/people/nico/linux.git iks
        with the big.LITTLE MP config fragment added.

lt_arm/tracking-armlt-iks-cpufreq
        is the cpufreq bits for IKS.

ynk/fixup_iks_linaro-android-3.11
        is a fixup which doesn't show up as a conflict when
        lt_arm/tracking-armlt-iks and Android are merged because both
        topics increase NR_IPI to 7.

b_L_mp/ll-interactive-gov-updates
        The patches to the Android interactive governor.
        These changes are important for ARM big LITTLE platforms which
        want multiple instances of a governor to be available for a
        multi package system. Have been sent for inclusion into AOSP.

ynk/binder-3.8-rebase
        Just these 2 patches:
        "Android: Add support for 32-bit Binder calls in a 64-bit kernel"
        "binder: fix printk() format specifier to match userptr32_t type"

# Basic boards enablement:
lt_samsung/llct/arndale-core-support
        basic Arndale support
lt_broadcom/llct/capri-support
        basic support for Capri board

# Packaging:
ynk/linaro-builddeb-tweaks
        a few patches to support kernel cross build with deb-pkg and
        to put the dtb files into the kernel image deb package
        according to linaro-hwpack-* tools expectations.

# Misc fixes which don't belong to any particular topic:
ynk/llct-v3.10-misc-fixes
        "Add cross-build support to tools/lib/lk library"
        "perf tools: make perf to build in 3.9 kernel tree again"
        "ARM: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling"
        "KBuild: Allow scripts/* to be cross compiled"

Current linux-linaro topics:
============================

lt_arm/integration-linaro-vexpress
        ARM LT's integration branch to support Versatile Express

ynk/samsung-lt-tracking
        Samsung LT's integration branch with full Arndale support
        (the copy of Samsung LT's tag samsung-lt-v3.11-rc3)

configs/config-core-tracking
and
configs/config-boards-tracking
        - the same llct topics

Thanks,
Andrey

Sounds reasonable.... attached is our current patch for your
consideration.  There's a permanent #warning about an unwind tables
TODO this also knocks out the others are actual problems.

Please split this up into proper patches, and of course you should be
submitting any fixes upstream if they're still present - if you're doing
this sort of warning cleanup work it's going to be useful upstream too.
I had a quick glance through and:

These are only applied on lsk and llct, I don't actually know where
the code patched came from but I think they're all mainline.  I'll
check it out later.

  - Things like just assigning a value to variables at declaration are
    worrying since that just shuts up the flow analysis warnings even if
    they're actually pointing out a genuine missed code path.

In this case it's okay, that var is written via a pointer arg to
another call, but the call either returns an err or fills it in.  The
value is only used on non-error path.  It's just keeping the compiler
happy.

  - The regmap change isn't something that I've seen upstream...

If you mean where did the original come from

commit 5a08d15602987bbdff3407d7645f95b7a70f1a6f