On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 09:12:44PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:
> On 6 August 2013 20:47, Mark Brown <broo...@kernel.org> wrote:

> > Please submit things normally - attachments are non-standard and
> > difficult to work with (both from the point of view of applying and from
> > the point of view of workflow) and if you don't mention them they're not
> > always terribly visible either.  I didn't actually notice there was
> > anything here first time around...

> I wonder why Google has an attachment button.

Attachments are obviously useful but as you should be aware given your
kernel experience they're not part of the normal kernel development
workflow - patches in the body of the e-mail (or git) are the normal way
of handling things for projects that don't use a tool like gerrit, all
the tooling and so on is based around that.  There's good, solid
reasoning behind the way the workflow is set up.

Like I say if you're going to do something unusual you should at least
mention it but it's best avoided unless it's solving a problem.

> >> 4) warning-elimination: ata: ata_hpa_resize default assignment

> >> Issue is upstream but I can't reproduce original compiler warning

> > If the compiler figures it out we can probably drop this then.  If it
> > is still needed then it should be being submitted upstream.

> Yes it's strange though I did not have a stroke and start editing code
> randomly, this was generating an error in the recent past.

Most likely someone fixed the warning some other way since you wrote the
patch.

> Hm you know the dynamic of people submitting things for your critique
> is not the only conversational mode that's possible, has that crossed
> your mind?

Sorry about that.

It would be really helpful if you could pay attention to the workflow
stuff; I think a bunch of what you're seeing here is me getting grumpy
due to the difficulty in working with the mail.