On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 08:24:52AM +0800, Andy Green wrote:

> I went through and split out the fixes after examining each one.

Please submit things normally - attachments are non-standard and
difficult to work with (both from the point of view of applying and from
the point of view of workflow) and if you don't mention them they're not
always terribly visible either.  I didn't actually notice there was
anything here first time around...

If you do send attachments keep them as text/plain so that things like
quoting in replies work.

> 4) warning-elimination: ata: ata_hpa_resize default assignment

> Issue is upstream but I can't reproduce original compiler warning

If the compiler figures it out we can probably drop this then.  If it
is still needed then it should be being submitted upstream.

> 6) warning-elimination: nobody uses cci_pmu_destroy

> Presumably coming from the CCI stuff Tixy pulled in

I'll apply this but please do send it to the ARM LT, we should be fixing
this stuff in linux-linaro too.

> 7) warning-elimination: regmap: cast pointer arg from int

> This seems to be a genuine issue of passing an int to a function
> wanting a const void *.  However I can't reproduce the warning.

This looks like you had a compiler bug or were carrying some other
breakage; val is a pointer so we're just doing pointer arithmetic here,
there's no casting needed and if there were the cast you're adding
should be on val not on the final result.

> 8) warning-elimination: usb: dwc3

> This only made problems if you have CONFIG_PM but not CONFIG_SUSPEND,
> dunno if people care or not.

This should certainly be addressed upstream, please submit it.

> 1 4, and 8 I doubt anyone will buy upstream, but you should still
> consider 1.  4 can't be demonstrated to be a problem right now
> (although it has been...)  8 we turned on SUSPEND ourselves since it
> was a problem.

Please use descriptive names for things rather than just numbers, it
makes everything more legible.  Except for the THUMB thing I don't see
why any of these shouldn't be upstream - what makes you believe that
there would be a problem?