Thanks Michael.  Just wanted to make sure I understood.  The "do no
harm" goal and the Thumb2 libgcc seem to be somewhat contradictory
however.  I realize that choices need to be made and only odd ducks
like me will likely run into issues.  My particular case is wanting to
build u-boot for old and new ARM chips with the same gcc.  U-Boot has
its own libgcc that I can use as a work around.

John