Valgrind wants a less stripped ld-2.12.1.so or it won't work. The build
process (that Michael Hope put together) just downloads the
libc6_2.12.1-0ubuntu6_armel.deb, and the ld-2.12.1.so in there is fully
stripped. I thought I'd be able to just get the
libc6-dbg_2.12.1-0ubuntu6_armel.deb instead, thinking that was just the
pre-stripped version of these libs -- but apparently it's not, because
trying to use those libs instead of the stripped ones results in undefined
symbols. For example, ld-2.12.1.so defines _rtld_global -- but
libc-2.12.1.so is looking for _rtld_global@@GLIBC_PRIVATE, so
_rtld_global@@GLIBC_PRIVATE
ends up undefined. (Ditto for __tls_get_addr, __libc_enable_secure,
_dl_argv, etc.)

I'm not sure who actually builds these packages (they're retrieved from:
http://ports.ubuntu.com/pool/main/e/eglibc/), but if anyone has any
suggestions on how to get past this, I'd be most appreciative. (I've got
angry developers trying to track down memory issues, who about to come after
me with torches and pitchforks :P )

Thanks,
Diane