Well, it's definitely not just me.  I have now gotten notes from several people echoing the
audio-cutting-out problem.  After a dive into Verizon's phone support system (most of which
is apparently geared toward selling one on their Unlimited 5G plan), and two instances of
my phone audio cutting out while on the line with Verizon(!), an actual tech person gave me
what I hope is a solution.She explained that all across MA Verizon is deactivating 3G
towers so they can upgrade them to 5G functionality.  The 3G towers' signals are weaker
than they used to be (tech people, forgive me for mangling this explanation), and unless
the Cell Data Roaming is turned on in your iPhone settings, your phone will have flawed
reception.  The tech rep told me to turn on (in the Cellular section of my iPhone Settings)
Cell Data, turn on Cell Data Roaming, and if I had an international CDMA setting turned on
(this is a setting on earlier iPhones up to iP8), to turn it off.  She then instructed me
to turn off the phone entirely and restart it after a few seconds.  I just restarted my
phone, and my fingers are crossed that this works (she did sound very confident, and told
me that it'd be fine if I posted this solution on Facebook.  Lincoln Talk is my amplifier
of choice...)Let's hope it works.  It is helpful, at least, to know that others have been
experiencing this same technological irritation; it'd be great if we could all experience a
fruitful remedy.DebOn Feb 8, 2022, at 3:24 PM, Staci Montori <stacimont...@gmail.com>
wrote:Hi Deb, I am having the exact same thing happen. It is very frustrating. I thought it
was my phone or bluetooth at first and almost went to trade in my phone, but then someone
else said they were having the same issues.I am thinking it doesn't happen when I am making
calls outside of Lincoln, but not completely sure.  Have you noticed it is happening only
in Lincoln or everywhere?  I do know know that it doesn't happen with iphone audio facetime
so it does seem to only have to do with the wireless phone function.I am going to call
Verizon as well but first need to find enough time to spend on it as I don't think it will
be a quick fix. Please let me know if you have any success in getting it fixed.  I will do
the same.Warm regards,StaciOn Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 3:01 PM Deborah Howe via Lincoln
<lincoln@lincolntalk.org> wrote:Is anyone else with Verizon cell service experiencing
audio cutting out on their iPhone calls?  In the last couple of months this has become a
real problem with my phone; either my voice cuts out for a couple of seconds or the voice
of whoever I'm talking to does.  It's frustrating, and has been happening with increasing
frequency.  I have gotten new earbuds, and a couple of days ago bought a new iPhone,
thinking that perhaps the problem lay in the hardware.  But nope -- the problem continues.
Am I the only one in Lincoln with this issue?  Online Verizon help desk reps ask for
address and zip code, which suggests to me it's a transmission problem.  If there's
something I can do to fix it short of calling Verizon and falling into their maze of holds
and call transfers, I'd love to know.  Thanks!!Deb--  The LincolnTalk mailing list. To
post, send mail to Lincoln@lincolntalk.org. Search the archives at
http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/. Browse the archives at