Hi all,I am not currently in Lincoln (winter in Florida) nor am I a Verizon
Wireless customer any longer (now a Xfinity Mobile customer, which uses the
Verizon towers when I'm not using my phone at home within Xfinity
wifivrange).While I understand and agree that the prior responses from the
Apple Genius and from Vz are possible valid solutions, I would first be looking
to making sure your iPhone (or Android phone) has "Wifi Calling" turned on.
With this option (Settings/Cellular/wifi calling)  your calls and texts will go
through your wifi provider (whether it's Verizon, Comcast, Etc.)and should
experience good quality and no call dropping, as long as you are in an area of
your home that has a strong wifi signal.Try this first!...Dan
-------- Original message --------From: Kellie Payne <kel...@payne.org> Date:
2/8/22  4:57 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Deborah Howe <deborahh...@mac.com> Cc:
lincoln@lincolntalk.org Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] iPhone and Verizon Hi
Deborah,Goodness, I JUST returned from Apple Genius bar in Natick to have my
phone Speaker tested to make sure that it wasn't a defective speaker cutting in
and out on me!!  They tested my phone and said my speaker was working fine.
Then she did some Apple Genius magic and reset some things, what I could not
tell you!!  My phone (iphone 12 only 2 years old) was having the SAME problem
and they think updateing to ios 15.3 AND the resets they did should do the
trick.  I will keep you posted as this is amazing to me that we are all having
this issue.On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 3:01 PM Deborah Howe via Lincoln
<lincoln@lincolntalk.org> wrote:Is anyone else with Verizon cell service
experiencing audio cutting out on their iPhone calls?  In the last couple of
months this has become a real problem with my phone; either my voice cuts out
for a couple of seconds or the voice of whoever I'm talking to does.  It's
frustrating, and has been happening with increasing frequency.  I have gotten
new earbuds, and a couple of days ago bought a new iPhone, thinking that
perhaps the problem lay in the hardware.  But nope -- the problem continues.
Am I the only one in Lincoln with this issue?  Online Verizon help desk reps
ask for address and zip code, which suggests to me it's a transmission problem.
 If there's something I can do to fix it short of calling Verizon and falling
into their maze of holds and call transfers, I'd love to know.  Thanks!!Deb--