The argument, IMHO, still a good one despite a few voices to the contrary,
is that too much "mixed usage" leads to issues of quality of experience.  I
disagree with notion that "bikers have learned".  That is not my
experience.   Why the big push to homogenize all towns, all trails (which
this round of changes comes close to doing).  The logic of separating
usages in some places is still a valid operating principle. LIncoln need
not be generized while remaining appropriate in its choices.  There are
lots of places in the world where bikes and walkers are separated, and not
all are "road" cases;  many are in Nature in places which has been
consciously and appropriately set aside for a subset of all potential
users.  I personally would veto all suggested changes at this juncture.

Minimally, I would not like trail usage to change in a manner that
encourages "rally" and "speed" behavior.  IMHO some of the trail changes
do this.

The two arguments are basically the same. 1) to not be exclusive, trails
should allow all types of user modes.  2) to not be exclusive, all zoning
in Lincoln should permit all types of personal incomes with equal number of
small lots.  Should Lincoln give up 2 acre zoning, should I give up the
tranquility of most trails without bikers?

I believe Sara Mattes point still holds water, at least it corresponds with
my recent personal experience. Lincoln is already serving the wishes of
large numbers of users coming from other towns as well as from Lincoln.  No
need to change trail usage AT ALL.

Gordon Woodington