I'd rather ride my bike on trails out my back door than to drive somewhere
to ride.  I'd rather my kids bike on the trails than on the road or be
driven somewhere else to ride.  Just seems like a greener choice.  And we
are not an island in this regard.  Spreading usage over a wider area is
also a greener choice for us and for those in surrounding communities.
Otherwise this becomes a classic NIMBY argument.