I think the full quote was "After an exhaustive search of the published
literature on the issue of dog waste and its impact on water quality,  they
found no evidence that dog waste had a negative impact on water quality.
Instead, they found it was geese poop that was creating a problem with water
quality.” This might be specific to the Cambridge site and may or may not apply
to Lincoln.

In any case, I think this shows how much research based information is
available that can inform these decisions.