I used to run around Fresh Pond daily, and even though dogs are allowed off
leash, most owners did a really good job of picking up after them.  It's
also a requirement.  It's heavily populated throughout the day and the
ranger makes frequent trips around the pond by cart, so there is a bit of
peer pressure for those who may be less inclined to pick up after their
pet.  Since most dog poop was picked up and deposited into bins, I don't
think that one can make much of an argument about the effects of dog poop
on water quality there.

Too, as others have pointed out, Fresh Pond is completely fenced off.  I
don't think it is the right model for making points about Flint Pond.

Warm regards,
Terry Kay