Louis Z. wrote:

Like Jon Ralston for Nevada elections, I await Andy Payne to break down the
> proposed Community Center finances.  😀

Ha!  You're making me blush.  Also, I'm sorry to report that MSNBC has not
yet called me to get my take on Lincoln's community center project.

As Andy W. noted [thank you!], the Finance Committee's presentation on Town
capital capacity from Monday's State of the Town meeting is here, starting
around minute 00:52:

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/AReYDj7pl35yQSVtt311DbCsaESETqVMTkg-tShgdQTXugCqucmIk7sAPGVGITmPWbid-w_goDv2UdM.EB2NwykpnKw9CdZ4?continueMode=true

Key points:

   - The Town currently has the capacity for up to ~$30m of debt, growing
   over time in subsequent years.

   - Each $10m of debt (at current rates, which have been volatile) is
   around a +1.8% tax increase.  For a median tax bill of ~$17,500, that's
   about +$310/year.

   - Our Stabilization Fund is currently $3.9m, and is available to lower
   the debt needed for any capital projects.

Also:  the upcoming Special Town Meeting vote is for funding *a proposal to
develop a detailed proposal* for a community center.  That may sound a
little Dilbert-y, but that's how things actually work.  (If you recall, we
went through a similar process with the school building.)

At this stage, we do not have a specific project cost, projected operating
costs, information about any possible private contributions, etc.  Those
details would be developed by the Community Center Building Committee
(CCBC) during their work.

I encourage anyone with project and/or financial questions to watch the
SOTT video.  If you are in a hurry, there are captions and accelerated
playback options.

One I-already-talk-too-fast resident's view,

-andy
https://payne.org/lt-disclaimer/