I concur that Andy did an excellent job presenting some important facts
that can help inform our decision to vote Yes or No in support of the
proposed community center project. I still have some questions and
concerns...

>From the presentations last night, two items that stood out to me include:

1. The dramatic increase in anticipated project cost from $15MM-$16MM to
$25MM to $26MM.
2. The range of possible town projects that may require significant capital
planning (e.g. roadside repairs, new cemetery, new DPW, major land
conservation projects, etc)

Assuming the town voted to move forward with a $25MM community center
project, I would like to understand what limits that may place on our
ability to finance these other projects over the next decade+.

It was also presented that we basically have $30MM remaining in our
available capacity to borrow (at reasonable rates in a financially healthy
form). If $25MM of that is allocated to a Community Center, does that
restrict our ability to execute these other projects as well? Or does the
window of additional borrowing capacity increase sufficiently in the coming
years that we still have capacity to consider additional materially
important projects.

I wonder if FinCom can prepare a few scenarios that project out in the
future how these potential future capital projects can be sequenced or if a
$25MM community center jeopardizes our future optionality.

I think a "community center" that meets the needs of our seniors and other
citizens would be nice, but a $25MM project makes me very nervous
especially because I'm concerned it would limit our ability to finance
these other worthy endeavors. If it was possible to spend $10MM in a
refurbishment project or overhauling an existing building, then that might
be necessary to reserve sufficient borrowing capacity for these other
projects.

bob