There is a time for creativity and brainstorming - usually near the
beginning of a process - and then a time for evaluating and comparing
alternatives that were dreamed up in the brainstorming phase. I think we
are in the second phase now, and did not give short shrift to the first
phase.

The facts summarized in what Krystal shared in the beginning of this thread
seem compelling to me, in explaining why Lincoln Station would not make
sense as a CC location. I see the counterargument that "People could drop
in as they went to PO or wanted to have a central place to meet friends and
neighbors" ; I take that to mean that, because people have reason to go to
the post office, grocery store, etc, that are already located at Lincoln
Station, it would be more convenient for them to drop in at the CC while
they are there.

That leads to the question of what is more important for the CC to be
co-located near: (A) the Lincoln Station spots (PO, Donellans, etc.) or (B)
the school? There already is a coffee shop at Lincoln Station where one can
meet friends, by appointment or otherwise. The colocation benefits of the
CC being near the school seem much more important, because schoolkids then
could continue to walk to the after-school activities there, whereas 99% of
adults will be driving to any of the above. For those adults, how hard
would it be to do your errands at Lincoln Station and keep going to a CC at
Hartwell to take a scheduled adult class there and/or drop in and hang out
for coffee? I do not buy the idea that adding a CC to Lincoln Station would
drive much more traffic to the retail stores there.

Therefore, I do not think the co-location convenience of also putting a CC
at Lincoln Station adds up to much, and is greatly outweighed by the
different colocation benefits provided by the Hartwell location. (There are
other factors besides colocation convenience that also weigh strongly in
favor of the Hartwell Campus location - see the summary from Krystal above.)

- Paul Shorb