You re correct regarding public safety-it involves response time.
As it is, Lincoln Road is a challenge for them-imagine an ambulance or
firetruck trying to navigate that road during rush and school drop-offs...no
shoulder for anyone to pull on to.
Add speed bumps/humps and it is really an issue.
When I was a Select, we calculated reposes times to North Lincoln.,
They were appreciably increased with the addition of any roadway
intrusion-those heavy vehicles need to slow to a near stop to safely get over
one.
And then they have to regain speed.

We had an instance where a child in N.Lincoln was saved from choking-Public
Safety arrived within seconds of the child dying.
If they would have had to slow for a bump/hump, it would have been a different
outcome.

That certainly opened my eyes to what I had once seen as a logical solution to
some of our traffic challenges.

Sara

------
Sara Mattes