Lynn,
Thanks for your interest in the Community Center.  It is clear you are very
new to the program.  Please visit the CCBC website where you will find the
final reports for the
 2015 Study Committee.  Five sites in Town were studied, design options
identified and costed ( in 2015 construction cost dollars):
Bemis Hall, Pierce House, Hartwell, Lincoln Station and DPW site.
2016 Campus Master Planning Committee - Evaluated the impact of siting the
CC on the school campus.
2018 CCPPDC with actual designs for buildings at the Hartwell site.
The charge of the current committee doesn't include revisiting these other
sites.
Please read the reports.
We have been challenged by very real needs on that site posed by the LEAP
program, but our PRIMARY DIFFICULTY relates to the astronomical escalation
of construction costs  ( totally out of our control), and the severe
restraints imposed by the Town to look for lower cost options.  Even our
"100%" option provides way less than what was presented in 2018.
Dilla Tingley
COA&HS Board, CCBC Committee Member