It has to be voted at a town meeting, but not necessarily at the March 2024
Town Meeting.

A subsequent town meeting could be called at a later point in 2024, to
still meet the December 31st, 2024 deadline for Lincoln.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 1:04 PM paul.shorb at gmail.com
<lincoln%40lincolntalk.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BLincolnTalk%5D%20Question%20Unanswered%20re%3A%20Housing%20Choice&In-Reply-To=%3CCA%2BSgCzaSqaWrHVxZOLK_bFpSY5yGrfcTJiQ2YhqSupYSkU74AA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
--- via Lincoln <lincoln at lincolntalk.org

Davida -
Someone else here may be able to correct me, but I believe the answer is
that we need to vote at a Town Meeting, so this would be finally voted on
at the March 2024 Town Meeting, and the Special Town Meeting in December
2023 is to help decide what to present for a final up-or-down vote at that
2024 Town Meeting.
- Paul Shorb

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 12:57 PM dgloew--- via Lincoln <lincoln at
lincolntalk.org <https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln>>
wrote:

>* Regarding the Housing choice decision, I submitted the same question twice
*>* to the HCAWG.  It was apparently sent to J.Glass, T. Higgins, J. Hutchinson
*>* and K. Bodner.  To date, the only answer I received was the “my feedback
*>* will be shared”.
*>* As an almost 50 year resident of Lincoln, I am disappointed and dismayed
*>* that my question has been disregarded.
*>>* The question I posed was:
*>>*  I recall at some point hearing that a decision must be made by the town
*>* by December 2024.  Is that the case, and, if so, why do we seem to be under
*>* pressure to make a decision now?
*>>* This seems to me to be a factual question.  Prior to voting,I am hoping to
*>* receive an answer with no bias or agenda - just a straight forward answer.
*>>* Thanks to all.
*>>* Davida Loewenstein
*>>* --
*>* The LincolnTalk mailing list.
*>* To post, send mail to Lincoln at lincolntalk.org.
*>* Browse the archives at
https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/
<https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/private/lincoln/>
*>* .
*>* Change your subscription settings at
*>* https://pairlist9.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/lincoln.