*Also, can you please let us know about the timing of replacement of water
mains, and the cost?*
*Do we have any information on the size of grants that have been made to
towns like ours for such projects?*

Some rough figures:

Interestingly, Lincoln's public water supply system dates back to 1874. My
understanding (from memory) is that some of our current  water mains date
back to the first half of the last century (I can do more research if
someone would like more definitive data).

Current estimates for water main replacement is approximately $8M/mile.
Lincoln has over 50 miles of water mains (I am not implying that all of it
is due for replacement).

Regarding state grants for water supply improvements, here are a few of the
public water supply related grants as of 2023 (some of these may partially
be low/no interest loans):

CONCORD
Lead Service Line Replacements Project
$2,000,000

ANDOVER
Lead Service Line Replacement
$4,050,000

WINCHENDON
Water Transmission Main Replacement
$9,560,000

FALL RIVER
Lead Service Line Replacement
$4,150,000

LITTLETON WATER DEPARTMENT
Water Supply Main Extension Littleton/Boxborough
$19,078,000

*Source:
https://www.mass.gov/doc/2023-final-drinking-water-intended-use-plan/download