To my fellow Lincoln residents,
Lincoln needs a community center which will address the needs of parks and rec
and COA /HS and Leap and other organizations. The Hartwell campus is the
perfect place for such a center not at Lincoln station. Lincoln station would
not have enough parking, parks and rec would need to stay at Hartwell, and you
would loose the synergy that you get from a COMMUNITY CENTER. Also, there would
be little green space at Lincoln Station for a COA center that contributes to
the sense of well being, with open spaces around it.
The 50% option would be a waste of money, in my opinion. It doesn't include
renovating Leap , which will need to be renovated for several million in the
not to distant future. You will have two options to choose from that make any
sort of sense.
We have been talking about this community center for years, and multiple
studies have been made regarding locations, renovating current facilities, many
meetings with experts through the years. The outcomes of these studies are
readily available at Town Hall if you have questions.

I have lived in Lincoln 40 years, served on the COA board for a total of 14
years and counting. I am a retired geriatric social worker with 20 years
experience. I am very aware of the multiple needs of this community, not only
seniors but the community at large. I am also on the communications committee
for the community center .
I am voting 100% option because that is the option that would allow for growth
of services to this town and serve it well now and in the future years.
Many thanks for your time in reading this. Wendy Kusik