Its archived, but here is one of the behaviors. Not cleaned up but should give you the basic idea...

Place a movie script with this in the movie...

on resizeWIndow
  sendAllSprites(#windowResized)
end

Then add this on the components. For most apps you scale from the top left down so this should cover anything that is not anchored to the right or bottom. For that this can easily be expanded though to account for other directions and anchor points. Also, there is some custom code in here, like taking 16 pixels off text members to account for the scrollbar, etc. Not optimized for the general public. ;)

property spriteNum
property pAnchor
property pRect
property pOffsetRect
property pMember

on beginSprite me
  pMember = sprite(spriteNum).member
  pRect = sprite(spriteNum).rect
  a = (the activeWindow).rect
  a = a.offset(-a.left, -a.top)

  pOffsetRect = a - pRect
  put pREct && pOffsetRect

  --- me.windowResized()
end

on windowResized me
r = pRect
a = (the activeWindow).rect
a = a.offset(-a.left, -a.top)
case pAnchor of
#topleft :
r = rect(pRect.left, pRect.top, a.right - pOffsetRect.right, a.bottom - pOffsetRect.bottom)

#top :
--only scale down
r = rect(pRect.left, pRect.top, pRect.right, a.bottom - pOffsetRect.bottom)
put spriteNum && "top" && (the activeWindow).rect.height && r.height
#left :
--only scale right
r = rect(pRect.left, pRect.top, a.right - pOffsetRect.right, pRect.bottom)
end case
if pMember.type = #text then
pMember.rect = r
pMember.width = r.width - 16
pMember.height = r.height

  end if

  sprite(spriteNum).rect = r
  sendSprite(spriteNum, #updateTile, r)
end

on getPropertyDescriptionList me
p = [:]
p[#pAnchor] = [#format : #symbol, #comment : "What anchor point?", #default : #topLeft, #range : [#topLeft, #left, #top]]
return p
end

-Chuck
--------------------------
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mediamacros.com
Check out the Developers Mall
Your one stop shop for all your Director Xtra Needs
http://www.mediamacros.net/customer

Jon Alongi wrote:
Hi Chuck, do you have an example dir that I could see please.
It would much appreciated

Regards
Jon