I think it's always the case that you're only really licensed to include the most recent installer, but I can't believe that part of the license requires that you retrieve existing stock when there's a new installer released. I also don't think that Apple ask to see your order books, and that you could press a second run of some CDs without having to tell them about it.

It does sound unreasonable, but here's the licensing agreement from Apple if you happen to be _really_ bored (all 19 pages!). Page 4 has the 2 sections that rub me the wrong way: <http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/pdf/qt6freehwsda.pdf>

Section 2.4, Provision of Samples
(This were they require that you submit two complete units so they can inspect the software and packaging, like the old MWM requirements. This isn't so bad. But read on...)

Section 2.5, New Versions of QuickTime Software (Skip this if legalese makes you queasy!)
"... In the event that Apple makes a new version of the Apple Software available separately under different terms and conditions, upon written request from Apple, Licensee agrees that, within six (6) months of receipt of such request, Licesee will cease distribution of prior versions of QuickTime Software with Licesee Products and will upgrade its products to include the newly released QuickTime Software."

Here the hitch: since we always provide our 2 sample units, they know what we're shipping. Our office manager has shown me these written requests. Now I understand why they'd want to control what gets distributed, I just find it annoying to have to keep revisiting old material. I'm now inclined to just give the user a link to apple's website, rather than remastering old cds that use QuickTime.

--
Cole

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]