I'd suggest getting a c++ type service to do this, too.

Looks like a kiosk to me....field support is expensive to do, you want as robust a system as possible. Shouldn't take too much money to get something simple that does what you want.....if director hasn't written a time stamp to a file or registry entry lately, then reboot.

roymeo