Thanks, Tom, it makes sense.  I never imagined you could emulate public
and private variables within a behavior that simply.  It has sunk in,
but getting it to stick in my brain is a different story...

Going forward, I may have more questions on js syntax.  A recent project
I just completed made extensive use of Flash<-->Director communication,
and I am just pondering the notion that it might be easier to stay
within one syntax between the two programs, even though I was raised on
lingo.  I think it might make it easier in the long run for me.  One
thing I'd like to suggest, is that in the script window, the js syntax
doesn't seem to auto-indent when, in my case, I actually get it correct.
:-)

- MM