On Jan 25, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Thomas Higgins wrote:

Note: as of today I'm using one of the Apple "Developer Transition Kit" (DTK) machines and not one of the commercially available Macs (Intel P4 3.6 GHz with 1GB RAM), that may affect performance perceptions and limit direct MacIntel-PPC performance comparisons. But it can at least give us
a rough idea of how fast or slow the Shockwave player is within a
Rosetta emulated Safari.

I think the only test that would be worthwhile would be with the shipping HW/SW. A single p4 with 945 integrated graphics won't inform us much about a dual 2.0 yonah with a 1600 card. Likewise I suspect that the shipping 10.4.4 UB and rosetta are significantly different than the version that came on dev boxes. Maybe you have updated the SW. Are you running the 10.4.4 GM?

WRT benches, I don't have anything current. This one has an onscreen frame counter, and the framerate may be capped. Its about 10k polys and plays acceptably on macs from 4 years ago (when it was made).

http://www.throbbing.com/bikerace

rj