On 26-jan-2006, at 17:32, Michael von Aichberger 2 wrote:

The XML Parser Xtra converts XML-formatted text into a Lingo property list.

Now, I need to do the opposite: I have a property list and would like to
convert that into an XML text.

Check out the XML parser object by Andrew White.
It's linked to in this Doug article by Zac:
http://director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=435
You'll find the link near the bottom of the article, the linked file is a Dir cast, you have to right click the link and save as and then open the file in Director.

This parser was coded entirely in Lingo, and is fairly complete, and well commented. It will probably do exactly what you want. Since it's lingo only, it'll be easy to customise if you need other functionality.

I'm in the process of adapting it to use the PregexXtra for parsing, instead of just lingo, but that project isn't finished yet.

If you want to try the Flash XML object for parsing, have a look at Darrel's article on doug:
http://director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=1154

have fun

Mark Hagers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]