Well, for batch processing Media Cleaner is great, but I've actually been
using Quicktime Pro for compression, especially it's mpeg2 extension with
dvd studio pro. I find that it's 4x faster than Media Cleaner.

But you'd probably want to look at using Sorenson codec for your
compression. Nice small files yet look fantastic; you can even scale them
up and they look great.