> The language im working with is Telugu. Its one of the local language
> in India and used in the state Andhra Pradesh.

Ok, I know a little about Telugu--it's one of the Dravidian languages.
I don't know if there is a standard single-byte encoding for the Telugu
script--it's in Unicode at 0C05 - 0C61, but you can't use Unicode fonts
in Director. I don't think Telugu is included in the ISO 8859
specification, either.

I assume that you have a font, though. Telugu is a left-to-right
language, like European languages, so you should be able to just embed
the font, and the display should work. Hopefully, input would work as
well.

I don't have much more expertise in Telugu, though--I don't know if
there are Telugu keyboards, or how the characters would be encoded in a
single-byte encoding, or even if there is a standard for single-byte
encoding. I ran into the same issue with some other Asian languages,
like Burmese and Laotian.

I hope this helps. I wish I could be more specific--the best I can do is
advise you to embed the font, then test it to see if it works.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson