At 19:54 -0700 03/14/2002, Jeff Gomes wrote:

>Would you be using BinaryIO to check the stego before importing, or
>using getPixel after importing?

You could do either, I suppose. As far as color depth issues are
concerned, I've wondered about that too. I think what happens is the
image is imported at 24+ but displayed at 16. That is, the data
remains intact. Particularly if you do a member.fileName rather than
an importFileInto.

Of course if that is not the case one could easily require 24+ bit
color with a colorDepth test when the movie loads. Since all this
stuiff is extremely processor intensive (by Director standards ;)
you'd want to be doing it on a fairly late-model, fast machine
anyway, which would mean it certainly could rez up to 24 or more bits
color.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting